iPSC Platform_Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate
Position: Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate_iPSC platform
Location: On-site in the San Francisco Bay area
Department: Cell Therapy Platform Research
Report to: Director IPSC Platform
Founded in 2020, Overland Pharmaceuticals is a cross-border platform company focusing on advanced modalities through strategic partnering and in-house R&D. Seeded by Hillhouse Capital with access to the global innovation and biopharma ecosystem, Overland is building an initial oncology portfolio of first-in-class allogeneic cell therapies and ADC programs through strategic partnerships with Allogene and ADC Therapeutics. In particular, Overland is establishing GMP manufacturing facilities and expanding our cell therapy platform to focus on next-generation iPSC-based cell therapies to serve global patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate to join our research team. The successful candidate will play a key role in building an industry-leading iPSC platform to develop life-saving cell therapies. Overland Pharmaceuticals offers boundless opportunities, supportive environment, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Feeder-free iPSC maintenance, expansion and banking.
- iPSC characterization using flow cytometry, fluoresce microscopy, genotyping and qPCR assays.
- iPSC genetic engineering, single cell sorting and clonal expansion.
- Maintain organized, detailed records to support internal documentation and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in general lab operations, such as equipment maintenance and ordering of consumables.
Skills and Competencies
- Must have hands-on experience with undifferentiated iPSC or ESC culture, including iPSC/ESC maintenance, expansion, characterization, banking, and lineage differentiation.
- Practical experience in iPSC genetic engineering using CRISPR and Lentivirus is preferred.
- iPSC-derived immune cell differentiation is preferred, and familiarity with immunology is a plus.
- Proficiency in designing, implementing, and troubleshooting flow cytometric experiments is desired.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team with diverse background.
- Ability to collect, analyze and present data to the research and management teams.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific literature.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A can-do attitude and an ability to adapt to evolving priorities.
- Ability to travel occasionally when needed.
- MS or BS in Stem Cell Biology, Cell and Developmental Biology, Bioengineering, or Immunology with over 3 years of iPSC-related academic or industry experience.