Position: iPSC Platform_Open-rank
Location: On-site in the San Francisco Bay area
Department: Cell Therapy Platform Research
Report to: Head of Cell Therapy Platform Research
Founded in 2020, Overland Pharmaceuticals is establishing a leading cross-border platform company focused on advanced modalities through strategic partnering and in-house R&D. Seeded by Hillhouse Capital with access to the global innovation and biopharma ecosystem, Overland is building an initial oncology portfolio of first-in-class allogeneic cell therapies and ADC programs through strategic partnerships with Allogene and ADC Therapeutics. In particular, Overland is establishing GMP manufacturing facilities and expanding our cell therapy platform to focus on next-generation iPSC-based cell therapies to serve global patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated iPSC professional to join our research team. The successful candidate will play a key role in building an industry-leading iPSC platform to develop life-saving allogeneic cell therapies. Overland Pharmaceuticals offers boundless opportunities, supportive environment, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Human iPSC cell line development for cell therapy.
- Human iPSC cell line characterization and genetic engineering.
- Design and perform experiments; collect, analyze and present data to stake holders.
- Maintain organized, detailed records to support internal documentation and regulatory filing.
- Manage research lab operations, hire and mentor junior scientists.
Skills and Competencies
- Feeder-free human iPSC culture maintenance, expansion, and banking.
- Human iPSC characterization using flow cytometry, fluoresce microscopy, genotyping and qPCR assays.
- Human iPSC single cell sorting and clonal expansion.
- Human iPSC CRIPSR genome editing and CRISPR On/Off-target analysis
- iPSC lentivirus transduction and integrations site analysis using LM-PCR and NGS.
- iPSC differentiation into hematological lineages, such as T and NK cells.
- Understanding of allogeneic CAR-T and CAR-NK cell therapies.
- Proficiency in designing, implementing, and troubleshooting flow cytometric experiments.
- Practical experience in iPSC reprogramming from PBMC or isolated immune cells.
- Experience iPSC related work under cGMP condition is preferred.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team with diverse background.
- Collect, analyze and present data to internal teams and external audiences.
- Analyze, interpret and present scientific literature. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A can-do attitude and an ability to adapt to evolving priorities. Able to travel when needed.
- PhD/MS/MEng in Cell Biology, Bioengineering, Immunology or related field. Title and compensation commensurate with skills, achievements, experience and education.