Position: Scientist/Senior Scientist_iPSC Engineering
Location: On-site in the San Francisco Bay area
Department: Cell Therapy Platform Research
Report to: Head of Cell Therapy Platform Research
Founded in 2020, Overland Pharmaceuticals is a cross-border platform company focusing on advanced modalities through strategic partnering and in-house R&D. Seeded by Hillhouse Capital with access to the global innovation and biopharma ecosystem, Overland is building an initial oncology portfolio of first-in-class allogeneic cell therapies and ADC programs through strategic partnerships with Allogene and ADC Therapeutics. In particular, Overland is establishing GMP manufacturing facilities and expanding our cell therapy platform to focus on next-generation iPSC-based cell therapies to serve global patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist/Senior Scientist to join our research team. The successful candidate will play a key role in building an industry-leading iPSC platform to develop life-saving allogeneic cell therapies. Overland Pharmaceuticals offers boundless opportunities, supportive environment, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Feeder-free iPSC culture and iPSC genetic engineering.
- iPSC single cell sorting, clonal expansion and characterization.
- Gene editing On/Off-target analysis and viral vector integration analysis.
- iPSC differentiation into hematological lineages, such as macrophages, T, and NK cells.
- Maintain organized, detailed records to support internal documentation and regulatory requirements.
- Manage lab operations, such as equipment maintenance and ordering of consumables.
Skills and Competencies
- Must have extensive hands-on experience with iPSC genetic engineering; GMP experience is preferred.
- Practical experience in iPSC single cell sorting, clonal expansion and characterization is required.
- Experience in CRISPR On/Off-target analysis using PCR, qPCR, ddPCR and NGS is required.
- iPSC lentivirus transduction and integrations site analysis using LM-PCR and NGS is required.
- Proficiency in designing, implementing, and troubleshooting flow cytometric experiments is required.
- iPSC-derived immune cell differentiation is preferred, and GMP experience is a plus.
- Practical experience in iPSC reprogramming is desirable, and GMP experience is a plus.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team with diverse background.
- Able to collect, analyze and present data to the research and management teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. iPSC related publication/patent is desirable.
- A can-do attitude and an ability to adapt to evolving priorities. Able to travel when needed.
- PhD or MS in Cell Biology, Developmental Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Bioengineering, or Immunology with over 5 years of iPSC-related academic or industry experience.