Position: iPSC Differentiation_Open-rank
Location: On-site in the San Francisco Bay area
Department: Cell Therapy Platform Research
Report to: Head of Cell Therapy Platform Research
Founded in 2020, Overland Pharmaceuticals is establishing a leading cross-border platform company focused on advanced modalities through strategic partnering and in-house R&D. Seeded by Hillhouse Capital with access to the global innovation and biopharma ecosystem, Overland is building an initial oncology portfolio of first-in-class allogeneic cell therapies and ADC programs through strategic partnerships with Allogene and ADC Therapeutics. In particular, Overland is establishing GMP manufacturing facilities and expanding our cell therapy platform to focus on next-generation iPSC-based cell therapies to serve global patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated iPSC professional to join our research team. The successful candidate will play a key role in building an industry-leading iPSC platform to develop life-saving allogeneic cell therapies. Overland Pharmaceuticals offers boundless opportunities, supportive environment, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Feeder-free iPSC culture and differentiation into hematological lineages.
- Ex vivo and In vivo Characterization of iPSC derived immune cells.
- Design and perform experiments; collect, analyze and present data to stake holders.
- Maintain organized, detailed records to support internal documentation and regulatory filing.
- Manage research lab operations, hire and mentor junior scientists.
Skills and Competencies
- Feeder-free human iPSC culture maintenance and expansion.
- iPSC differentiation into immune cells, particularly ab T cells, γδ T cells, NK cells or related cell types.
- Ex vivo and In vivo characterization iPSC-derived immune cells.
- High through-put screening for iPSC differentiation conditions.
- Cell linage tracing during differentiation using Single Cell RNA seq.
- Expertise in HSC differentiation, T/NK cell development and fate determination.
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot multi-color flow cytometric experiments.
- Understanding of allogeneic CAR-T and CAR-NK cell therapies.
- Experience in iPSC differentiation and immune cell therapy under cGMP condition is preferred.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team with diverse background.
- Collect, analyze and present data to internal teams and external audiences.
- Analyze, interpret and present scientific literature. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A can-do attitude and an ability to adapt to evolving priorities. Able to travel when needed.
- PhD/MS/MEng in Immunology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering related field. Title and compensation commensurate with skills, achievements, experience and education.