iPSC Differentiation Scientist, Senior Scientist
Position: iPSC Differentiation Scientist, Senior Scientist
Location: On-site in South San Francisco
Department: Cell Therapy Platform Research
Founded in 2020, Overland Pharmaceuticals is a cross-border platform company focusing on advanced
modalities through strategic partnering and in-house R&D. Seeded by Hillhouse Capital with access to the
global innovation and biopharma ecosystem, Overland is building an initial oncology portfolio of first-in-class
allogeneic cell therapies and ADC programs through strategic partnerships with Allogene and ADC
Therapeutics. Internally, Overland is establishing our cell therapy platform to focus on next-generation
therapies to serve global patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to join our research team. The successful candidate will play a key
role in building an industry-leading iPSC platform to develop life-saving allogeneic cell therapies. Overland
Pharmaceuticals offers boundless opportunities, supportive environment, competitive compensation and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Feeder-free human iPSC culture maintenance, characterization, and genetic engineering.
- iPSC differentiation into hematological lineages.
- Ex vivo and In vivo Characterization of iPSC derived immune cells.
- Design and perform experiments; collect, analyze and present data to stake holders.
- Maintain organized, detailed records to support internal documentation and regulatory filing.
- Manage research lab operations, hire and mentor junior scientists.
Skills and Competencies
- Feeder-free human iPSC culture, expansion, banking, characterization, and genetic engineering.
- iPSC differentiation into immune cells, particularly NK cells, ab T cells, γδ T cells, or related cell types.
- Ex vivo and In vivo characterization iPSC-derived immune cells.
- High through-put screening for iPSC differentiation conditions.
- Cell linage tracing during differentiation using Single Cell RNA seq.
- Expertise in HSC differentiation, T/NK cell development and fate determination.
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot multi-color flow cytometric experiments.
- Understanding of allogeneic CAR-T and CAR-NK cell therapies.
- Experience in iPSC differentiation and immune cell therapy under cGMP condition is preferred.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team with diverse background.
- Collect, analyze and present data to internal teams and external audiences.
- Analyze, interpret and present scientific literature. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A can-do attitude and an ability to adapt to evolving priorities. Able to travel when needed.
- PhD/MS/MEng in Immunology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering related field. Title and compensation commensurate with skills, achievements, experience and education.
Overland Compensation and Benefits:
- The expected salary range for this position based on the South San Francisco is $125,000~$175,000. The pay ultimately offered will be determined based on job-related qualifications, education, experience, and other job related factors permitted by law.
- Overland offers a competitive employment package that includes a discretionary annual bonus, equity, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
- Overland is an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.