Immune Cell Therapy _ Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate
Position: Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate
Location: On-site in the San Francisco Bay area
Department: Cell Therapy Platform Research
Report to: Director, Immune Cell Therapy
Overland Pharmaceuticals is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate to join its Immune Cell Therapy research team. The successful candidate will play an important role in shaping enjoyable company culture and in developing cutting-edge and life-saving cell therapies. Overland Pharmaceuticals will offer boundless opportunities, supportive environment, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop allogeneic iPSC-derived NK and T cells cell therapies.
- Develop flow cytometry assays for phenotypic analysis of iPSC-derived NK and T cells.
- Develop assays for functional analysis of iPSC-derived NK and T cells.
- Develop benchmark assays using primary NK and T cells.
- Develop reagents and assays to support CAR binder generation and characterization.
- Maintain organized, detailed records to support internal documentation and regulatory requirements.
- Manage lab operations, such as equipment maintenance and ordering of consumables.
Skills and Competencies
- Must have hands-on experience with human immune cell isolation, phenotypic and functional analysis.
- Experience with immune cells ex vivo activation, viral transduction and expansion is required.
- Ex vivo T or NK cell activity analysis is required. Experience with Incucyte or similar instrument is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with allogeneic CAR-NK or CAR-T is preferred.
- Proficiency in designing, implementing, and troubleshooting multi-color flow experiments is preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team with diverse background.
- Ability to collect, analyze and present data during group meetings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A can-do attitude and an ability to adapt to evolving priorities.
- MS or BS in Immunology, Bioengineering, Cell Biology, Developmental Biology, Molecular Biology, or related fields with over 4 years of immune cell therapy related academic or industry experience.