Immune Cell Therapy_ Scientist/Senior Scientist
Position: Immune Cell Therapy_ Scientist/Senior Scientist
Location: On-site in the South San Francisco, CA
Department: Cell Therapy Platform Research
Report to: Director, Immune Cell Therapy
Founded in 2020, Overland Pharmaceuticals is establishing a leading cross-border platform company focused on advanced modalities through strategic partnering and in-house R&D. Seeded by Hillhouse Capital with access to the global innovation and biopharma ecosystem, Overland is building an initial oncology portfolio of first-in-class allogeneic cell therapies and ADC programs through strategic partnerships with Allogene and ADC Therapeutics. In particular, Overland is establishing GMP manufacturing facilities and expanding our cell therapy platform to focus on next-generation iPSC-based cell therapies to serve global patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Scientist to join its Immune Cell Therapy research team. The successful candidate will play an important role in shaping enjoyable company culture and in developing cutting-edge life-saving cell therapies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as internal immunology expert to develop allogeneic immune cell therapies.
- Develop flow assays for phenotypic analysis of iPSC-derived NK and T cells.
- Develop target cell killing assays for functional analysis of iPSC-derived NK and T cells.
- Develop benchmark assays using primary NK and T cells.
- Develop reagents and assays to support CAR binder generation and characterization.
- Maintain organized, detailed records to support internal documentation and regulatory requirements.
- Manage lab operations, such as equipment maintenance and ordering of consumables.
Skills and Competencies
- Must have hands-on experience with human immune cell isolation, phenotypic and functional analysis.
- Experience with immune cells ex vivo activation, viral transduction and expansion is required.
- Ex vivo T or NK cell activity analysis is required. Experience with Incucyte is preferred.
- Experience in ELISA or similar assays to measure cytokines is required.
- Experience with CAR-NK or CAR-T In vivo efficacy models using NSG mice is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with allogeneic CAR-NK or CAR-T is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with gamma-delta T cells is desirable.
- Proficiency in designing, implementing, and troubleshooting multi-color flow experiments is required.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team with diverse background is required.
- Able to collect, analyze and present data to the research and management teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. CAR-NK or CAR-T related publication is preferred.
- A can-do attitude and an ability to adapt to evolving priorities. Able to travel when needed.
- PhD in Immunology, Bioengineering, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or related fields. Title and compensation commensurate with skills, achievements, experience and education.
Overland Compensation and Benefits:
- The expected salary range for this position based on the South San Francisco is $125,000~$175,000. The pay ultimately offered will be determined based on job-related qualifications, education, experience, and other job related factors permitted by law.
- Overland offers a competitive employment package that includes a discretionary annual bonus, equity, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
- Overland is an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.