Cell Engineering, Scientist/Senior Scientist
Position: Cell Engineering, Scientist/Senior Scientist
Location: On-site in the San Francisco Bay area
Department: Cell Therapy Platform Research
Founded in 2020, Overland Pharmaceuticals is a cross-border platform company focusing on advanced modalities through strategic partnering and in-house R&D. Seeded by Hillhouse Capital with access to the global innovation and biopharma ecosystem, Overland is building an initial oncology portfolio of first-in-class allogeneic cell therapies and ADC programs through strategic partnerships with Allogene and ADC Therapeutics. Internally, Overland is establishing our cell therapy platform to focus on next-generation therapies to serve global patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated Cell Engineering Scientist/Senior Scientist to join our research team. The successful candidate will play a key role in building an industry-leading platform to develop life-saving allogeneic cell therapies. Overland Pharmaceuticals offers boundless opportunities, supportive environment, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design genetic engineering strategies for next-gen allogeneic cell therapies.
- Generate reagents and develop protocols for engineering of primary immune cells and iPSCs.
- Maintain detailed records to support internal research and regulatory filing.
- Work closely with Immune Cell Therapy and iPSC Cell Therapy groups to advance R&D programs.
Skills and Competencies
- Must have hands-on experience with genetic engineering of primary immune cells and/or iPSC.
- Strong molecular skills to design and clone viral vectors and produce viral particles.
- Genomic biology skills to design and generate guide RNAs and targeting vectors.
- Experience in CRISPR On/Off-target analysis using PCR, qPCR, ddPCR and NGS.
- Lentivirus transduction and integration site analysis using LM-PCR and NGS.
- Bioinformatics skills including single cell RNA sequencing data analysis is desirable.
- Proficiency in designing, implementing, and troubleshooting flow cytometric experiments is preferred.
- Practical experience in iPSC single cell sorting, clonal expansion and characterization is preferred.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team with diverse background.
- Able to collect, analyze and present data to the research and management teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. CRIPSR related publication/patent is desirable.
- A can-do attitude and an ability to adapt to evolving priorities. Able to travel when needed.
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Cell Biology, Bioengineering, or related field.