CAR-T_ Scientist/ Senior Scientist
Position: Scientist/ Senior Scientist_CAR-T
Location: On-site in the San Francisco Bay area
Department: Cell Therapy Platform Research
Report to: Head of Cell Therapy
Founded in 2020, Overland Pharmaceuticals is a cross-border platform company focusing on advanced modalities through strategic partnering and in-house R&D. Seeded by Hillhouse Capital with access to the global innovation and biopharma ecosystem, Overland is building an oncology portfolio of first-in-class allogeneic cell therapies and ADC programs through strategic partnerships with Allogene and ADC Therapeutics. Overland has established GMP manufacturing facilities and is expanding our cell therapy platform to focus on autologous CAR-T cell therapies to serve global patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist to join our CAR-T research team. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in the design, development, and optimization of chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) constructs, utilizing your expertise in cloning, lentivirus production, in vitro and in vivo model systems, as well as advanced cell-based assays. You will work closely with our cross-functional teams to advance our CAR-T cell therapy projects from concept to clinical application.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- CAR Design and Optimization:
- Utilize your expertise in CAR design to engineer and optimize novel CAR constructs targeting specifictumor antigens.
- Employ rational design strategies to enhance CAR-T cell potency, persistence, and specificity.
- Implement state-of-the-art molecular biology techniques to clone CAR constructs into expressionvectors.
- Conduct vector engineering, and Crispr gene editing to refine CAR-T cell performance.
- Develop and optimize robust protocols for the production of high-quality lentiviral vectors.
- Ensure consistent production of CAR-T cells for in vitro and in vivo experiments.
- Utilize IncuCyte, RTCA, and flow cytometry technologies to assess CAR-T cell proliferation, cytotoxicity,and cytokine secretion.
- Perform detailed phenotypic and functional characterization of engineered CAR-T cells.
- Lead the design, development, and evaluation of in vivo mouse models to assess CAR-T cell therapeuticpotential.
- Conduct preclinical studies to evaluate CAR-T cell efficacy and safety in relevant animal models.
- Analyze experimental data, interpret results, and present findings to internal teams and management.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and contribute to scientific publications and presentations.
Skills and Competencies
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or a related field with a strong focus on CAR-T research.
- A can-do attitude and an ability to adapt to evolving priorities in a startup setting.
- Able to work independently as well in a matrix team environment.
- Demonstrated experience in CAR design, cloning, and lentivirus production.
- Proficiency in in vitro functional assays, including IncuCyte, RTCA, and flow cytometry.
- Expertise in developing and utilizing in vivo mouse models for preclinical evaluation.
- Comprehensive understanding of immune-oncology and the principles of cellular therapies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a track record of protocol optimization and innovation.
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities, with the capability to inspire and mentor research teams.
- Maintain organized, detailed records to support internal documentation and regulatory requirements.
- Manage lab operations, such as equipment maintenance and ordering of consumables.
- Able to travel when needed.
- PhD in Immunology, Bioengineering, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or related fields.
Overland Compensation and Benefits:
- The expected salary range for this position based on the South San Francisco is $125,000~$170,000. The pay ultimately offered will be determined based on job-related qualifications, education, experience, and other job related factors permitted by law.
- Overland offers a competitive employment package that includes a discretionary annual bonus, equity, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
- Overland is an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Join our dedicated and passionate team, where you will have the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking discoveries and make a significant impact on cancer patient outcomes. This position offers a stimulating and challenging work environment with opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.