CAR-T Immunology Lead
Position: CAR-T Immunology Lead
Location: On-site in South San Francisco
Department: Cell Therapy Platform Research
Founded in 2020, Overland Pharmaceuticals stands at the forefront of pioneering cellular therapies, with a strong focus on advanced dual-targeting CAR-T products and gamma delta T-cell platform for broad patient populations with well-defined unmet medical needs. This exclusive position offers a unique setting for a dynamic CAR-T immunology leader:
- Research Strategy and Portfolio: The company is delving into a new frontier for cell therapy featuring a potentially best-in-class autologous dual CAR-T program that is near clinical stage as well as a differentiated allogeneic gamma delta T-cell platform with a particular focus on autoimmune diseases.
- Cell Therapy GMP and Clinical Development Capability: The company has established a premier 7,000 ft2 GMP manufacturing facility and a veteran translational clinical team to enable accelerated development in reaching global patients.
- Financial Strength: Backed by leading private equity and strategic investors with robust funding, the company is well-equipped to drive portfolio programs to upcoming key milestones and create significant value.
We are seeking a highly motivated, senior-level Scientist with a deep immunology background to join our booming research team driving CAR-T Cell Therapy discovery research. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in the design, development, optimization, and nomination of top CAR-T cell candidates using various in vitro and in vivo phenotypic and functional assays. You will work closely with our cross-functional teams to advance our exciting lead CAR-T candidates to clinical application.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- CAR-T Characterization and Functional Assays:
- Utilize IncuCyte, eSight, RTCA, and multicolor flow cytometry technologies to assess CAR-T cell phenotype, proliferation, cytotoxicity, and cytokine secretion.
- Perform detailed phenotypic analysis of engineered CAR-T cell using multicolor flow cytometry.
- Conduct preclinical studies to evaluate CAR-T cell efficacy and safety in relevant animal models.
- CAR Design and Production:
- Develop and advance robust CAR-T cell production process to support downstream applications.
- Optimize CAR designs (Binder, Linker, Hinge, TM, ICD) to enhance CAR-T cell potency, persistence, and specificity.
- Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Analyze experimental data, interpret results, and present findings to internal teams and management.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and contribute to scientific publications and presentations.
- Team Leadership and Collaboration:
- Lead, and collaborate with other research scientists, foster a supportive and innovative work environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including translational medicine, PD, CMC and clinical development.
- 5-10 years’ hands-on experience in CAR-T related immunology fields.
- Expertise in CAR-T related functional assays, such as IncuCyte, eSight, RTCA, ELISA, MSD, and multicolor flow cytometry.
- Proficient in data analytics using FlowJo, excel and Graphpad.
- Deep knowledge in CAR-T cell biology, CAR-T production, and CAR design principles.
- Expertise in developing and utilizing in vivo mouse models for preclinical evaluation.
- Comprehensive understanding of immune-oncology and the principles of cellular therapies.
- A can-do attitude and an ability to adapt to evolving priorities in a startup setting.
- Able to work independently and in a matrix team environment to support multiple programs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a track record of protocol optimization and innovation.
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities, with the capability to inspire and mentor research teams.
- Maintain organized, detailed records to support internal documentation and regulatory requirements.
- Able to travel when needed.
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or a related field with a strong focus on CAR-T research.
Overland Compensation and Benefits:
- The expected salary range for this position based in South San Francisco is $155,000~$195,000. The pay ultimately offered will be determined based on job-related qualifications, education, experience, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
- Overland is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.